It’s often needed for site creators (especially online stores, but not only) to place on sidebars a large number of different advertising banners each of them is an image with a call to action button. This is usually done with the HTML codes in the text widget that takes time and requires some knowledge and a serious mistake can lead to a site crash. bg_side_banner_widget plugin allows you to create an advertising banner in the sidebar or other widget area like a normal widget dragging it to the desired area and filling settings fields. То же самое по-русски
1. bg_side_banner_widget plugin
displays a banner with a call to action button in the widgets area (fig. 1). One can use any image from Site Media Library as a banner. Click on the button opens the corresponding page. Using the plugin allows one to save a lot of time during site creation and modification. It is very easy to use and no needs any HTML knowledge any more.
2. Plugin Installation
- Purchase and download the plugin zip file bg_side_banner_widget.zip.
- Open site administrator dashboard for a single site or network administrator dashboard for WordPress virtual sites network.
- Go to “Plugins“->”Add New“->”Upload” and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click “Install Now” button.
- Go to “Plugins” for a single site or “Plugins” page on-line store site administrator dashboard in case WordPress network of virtual sites and activate just installed plugin.
3. How to display advertising banner in the sidebar
To display the banner in the sidebar you must prepare the following information:
- The banner title (if necessary).
- Image ID in the site media library.
- Image size – either in pixels (width and height, separator – small Latin letter ‘x’) or one of the standard picture sizes for WordPress (‘thumbnail’, ‘medium’, ‘large’, ‘full’). The second option is preferred.
- The button title.
- Page URL to move when button is clicked.
After plugin activation go: “Appearance” -> “Widgets” and one can find the widget, as shown in Fig. 2.
Drag the widget to the desired area and fill parameters as in Fig. 3.
Go to the site page with this area of widgets and see what happens. As you can see creating a banner has become very easy.
Described bg_side_banner_widget plugin allows you to create an advertising banner in the sidebar or other widget area like a normal widget dragging it to the desired area and filling settings fields.